Mr Anam Ram Narayana Reddy, the MLA from Atmakur and the Finance Minister of AP has listed out various ongoing and upcoming infrastructure projects in his address on the Independence Day in Nellore yesterday.
- New airport coming up in the district, officially announced by PM’s office recently
- Rs8,000 crore major port to be set up by Government of India at Dugarajapatnam, Nellore
- Fishing harbour at Juvvaladinne village in Bogolu mandal for which survey has already been done
- Nellore-Bellary-Mumbai road to be developed as National Highway from Krishnapatnam to Mydukur in Nellore district
- Sironcha to Renigunta road passing through Vinjamur, Atmakur, Rapur and Venkatagiri to be converted into a National Highway
- Kalahasti to Nadikudi railway line becoming a reality with AP state government agreeing to share 50% of the total project cost of Rs1650 crore
- 21 mega projects in SEZs to bring in Rs1,22,738 crore as investments generating employment for 1.35 lakh people
- 1870 MW power plants are under construction. Another 16 projects with 20,000 MW capacity in the pipeline
- Rs785 crore Anam Sanjeeva Reddy lift irrigation scheme (Somasila High Level (Lift Irrigation) Canal Project) is in progress
- Medical college coming up in Nellore with an investment of Rs350 crore
- Rs2 crores sanctioned for Simhapuri University (VSU) building works.
- Haritha Resorts were built at Mypadu beach by spending Rs3.5 crore. Rs6.77 crore would be spent for building similar resorts at Thummalapenta and Kotha Koduru beaches. Juvvaladinne Tourism Circuit to be developed with an investment of Rs10 crore.
- Funds released for mini stadiums and modernization of AC Subba Reddy Stadium at Nellore