- 2 cups – gongura chopped
- 2 – potatoes
- 10- red chillies
- 2 – onions, sliced in to small pieces
- 1 tsp – chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp – turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp – oil
- 5 red chillies
- Dhaniya – 1 Table spoon
- Jeera – 1/2 Table spoon
- Methi – little (1/4 spoon)
- Besan dal (senaga pappu or fried gram) – 1 table spoon
- Ground nut – 1 table spoon
- Mustard Seeds – little
- 4 Cloves
- 2 small pieces – cinnamon
- Mix and roast all the above items without oil ….Grind them to powder after it is cool.
- Cook Gongura along with 2green chillies. (Add water if required) cool and grind to a paste
- Meanwhile peel and cut potato in to small pieces.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a kadia.
- Cut onions in to small pieces and fry till brown.
- Add potatoes chilli powder, Dhania poder, turmeric powder
- Add gongura paste, salt as required. Let it cook for 7 mins so that that sourness is mixed in potato , keep mixing it so that it does not stick to Kadia. Add little water and cook.
- Add the powder which was grinded, Cook it for 2 mins and switch off the stove
The hotness of chillies is balanced by the sourness of gongura greens. If you feel it is too hot, you can reduce the number of chillies used.