APIIC zonal manager Mr VN Rao revealed in a press briefing yesterday that three more industries by Indian companies are coming to Mambattu SEZ shortly, apart from the recently announced Indus Coffee venture.
Dalmia Laminators of ML Dalmia Group will setup a Plastic Woven Sacks (PWS) manufacturing facility for bulk packaging of Cement, Fertilizer, Food grains & Sugar, Chemicals and other commodities in a 5 acre land. Another 5 acre plot has been allotted to EQIC Dies & Moulds to manufacture dies and moulds for automotive sector. Asrani Pipes and Profiles also will be setting up an unit here for manufacturing aluminium profiles.
An MoU for a wire making industry announced sometime back did not materialize as the investors backtracked on their promise.
Mr Glenn Bennett, global operations head of the German based Adidas AG, paid a visit to Apache Footwear unit at Mambattu SEZ in SPSR Nellore district. Mr Glenn planted a tree at the Apache Footwear premises to mark the occasion.
Mr Glenn Bennett began his professional career with Reebok International Ltd. in 1983 and then moved on to Adidas AG as Head of Worldwide Development. He is responsible for Global Operations activities. He holds a degree in computer science. He is married and lives in Nuremberg.
For the residents of Nellore, wind power generators are a common sight. One can see the wind power generators on Narasimhakonda from many places in Nellore town. The best view though is from the Penna Bridge. ReGen Powertech, which has an unit in Nellore near Tada in APIIC SEZ at Mambattu village, is India’s largest manufacturer of MW class, gearless wind turbine manufactures. They have a technical partnership with Vensys of Germany. The uniqueness of the turbines made here is that, they are made with a minimalist approach. These turbines have few numbers of wearing parts and make exclusive use of long-life components. They offer the advantages of compact construction, efficient energy conversion and intelligent design.
ReGen Powertech is also actively involved in corporate social responsibility activities. As a part of the corporate social responsible activities, they had organised distribution of Uniforms, Notebooks, Slates, Bench, Desks, and School Bags etc to the schools present at the vicinity of the factory located at TADA in Andhra Pradesh.
- Nellore Lover
SPSR Nellore district has a number of industrial parks and SEZs set up by APIIC and/or private companies.
Sri City SEZ Layout
- Sri City SEZ: Most popular SEZ under private management near Tada on Tamil Nadu border spread across Nellore and Chittoor districts.
- Menakuru SEZ: Notified in Feb 2009, it is a multi-product SEZ near Naidupeta in 2550 acres covering Dwarakapuram, Pallepalem, Menkuru, Konetrajupalem and Palluchuru villages with 3,000 employment potential.
- MAS Fabric Parks: Notified in Nov 2007, it is a textile and apparel SEZ in Chintavaram near Chillakur apread over 583 acres and an employment potential of 30,000.
- Mambattu SEZ: Spread over 250 acres in Mambattu village near Sullurupet, the SEZ is managed by APIIC. It is said to have an employment potential of 10,000.
- Krishnapatnam SEZ: A multi-product SEZ near Chillakur village of Kota mandal spread over 2526 acres with an employment potential of 2,000.
- Apache SEZ: Notified in Aug 2006, it is a footwear SEZ spread over 257 acres with an employment potential of 15,000.
- IFFCO Kissan SEZ: An agri-products and fertilizers SEZ in Kodavalur and Dagadarthi villages near Nellore, spread over 2,776 acres with an employment potential of 5,000. Notified in Apr 2010.
- Bhartiya International SEZ: Notified in May 2009, it is a leather products SEZ in 250 acres near Tada on Tamil Nadu border.